Friday, March 6, 2009

Spices and Herbs

Spices and herbs are essential for great cooking. Keep them handy to your stove and oven. Mine reside in narrow cabinets on each side of the range hood. They are in alphabetical order so I can easily find them. This is very helpful, I can find the flavors that are not used as often quicker.



I also buy most of my herbs and spices from the bulk area at a grocery store I shop at. Some spices I use so little that this saves me dollars because I'm only buying the amount I need for cents and the rest of what comes in a prepackaged jar is not becoming stale. Other herbs and spices I use in large amounts and this also saves me money because they are sold by weight not by a small container I would use up quickly. The store also carries containers you may purchase to fill with your selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment